Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3

Got my run in...finally! After a two week (eek!) hiatus from the road I hit it hard today. No, I didn't fall flat on my face, but I was determined to get out there and make the most of it.
As with most of my chilly weather runs, I overdressed, which I only discovered at about 3.5 mins. into my warm up. It was cold, and even a few snowflakes fell around me.
Managed to get through the 'getting out of school for the weekend' crowd and made good use of the local crossing guards.
And...I did it all without music. Not on purpose. I was quite looking forward to crankin' up some Jay-Z.  I guess I left my ipod on the last time I used it (two weeks ago) and the batteries were dead. I only discovered that approximately 30 seconds into my run.
And...I figured out that I am going to need new shoes soon. My plan was to wait until spring, but I don't think my hips, knees and ankles can.

Tomorrow is the local Santa Claus Parade, of which I am the co-chair of the planning committee. Just a little something I do in my spare time. It's a fun community event and it's at night, so the floats look great all lit up.
It's hectic and cold and I do A LOT of walking/running for about 3 hours. So I am using all that activity as my 30minutes. By the end of the night my legs are sore and my feet ache, so I figure I must be getting some exercise.
On Sunday is my extended family's christmas dinner. I have to make squash and be at the party (with the entire family looking great) by 1pm. Mr. B informed me just today that he is going to a ball hockey practice at 10am. Soooo if I want to get a run in it has to be by 8:30 AM!! I'm not a morning person, especially on weekends. I might have company, so I'll keep you posted on what happens.

What are your exercise plans for the weekend?

No comments: