Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

As I write this I am waiting for my kids to fall asleep as we wait for Santa to arrive.
After a crazy month of planning, shopping, baking, crafting and more shopping, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief...there is nothing left to do but enjoy family, friends and of course food!

With the 30 day challenge, I can thoroughly enjoy the food part of it too. I enter into the holidays with a sense of accomplishment and with loose fitting clothes. I can indulge without guilt (or postponed guilt). But the best thing about this 30 challenge is that I did it without too much sacrifice overall.

The most challenging part was a couple of early mornings scheduled when there was no other reasonable time to get a workout in. In 24 days I've learned to schedule my time to get time for me...if that makes any sense. I have stuck to the workouts and planned for them. I think the 30 day challenge could extend to a 60 challenge...maybe.

In January I am hoping to launch a new challenge, one that is for the whole year, and something to do with running, as my goal is to keep a good running schedule this year. I have high hopes for 2011!

Tomorrow is Christmas day and with it comes a crazy morning of gift unwrapping and family feasting...somewhere I also am planning a sweat session with Jillian Michaels, once the kids are settled with their new playthings. Best wishes for your special day. How will you take time for yourself with such a crazy day?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: