Saturday, January 15, 2011

Enough is Enough

Okay,
I get it, I live in Canada. We get four seasons here. We get snow here, a lot of snow.
After last Saturday's crazy snow run I know that I can run through just about everything. But that doesn't mean I want to run through everything.

This morning I woke up to light flurries and -4 degrees with wind. Blah. I had planned at least 8k run. Considering my last snowy run I really had no excuse to at least try.

Me: What should I do? Run now or later?
Mr. B: Just ride the bike inside, it's warmer.
Me: But that won't give me kilometers.
Mr. B: Then go, worse case, you get a walk out of it.

I went. It was cold, windy and sting-y...if that's a word. The snow was a little icy and hitting my face on the way home. I cut it short and managed a shy 6k.
Better than nothin'.

I'm considering making myself some screw shoes. Mr. B. laughed at me. But I told him I wasn't making them up. They are a real running thing.


I've just about had enough of this weather...it's getting in the way of my goals, darn it!

No comments: